What is Pergola?
Pergolas are basically built in outdoor space. You can build these structures in your garden to make the place look more beautiful and stylish. Pergolas are made of a large wooden structure. It contains four support beams and it is open from all the four sides with a covered roof. They can be built using steel, and aluminum. You can easily accommodate 20 people in the pergola. These wooden structures are built in such a way that air and sunlight can easily pass through them.
What is Arbor?
Arbor is used before any pathways or entrances. Some people also place the arbor on the walkway of the garden. Arbor is different from the pergolas because of the way they are used. You can decorate these structures according to your convenience and the way you want to use them. You can decorate the arbor with plants and vines.
Which One is Better?
Both of the structures are unique in their own way. The use of both the structures are different and some of the differences are:
- If you are looking for an outdoor space, the best choice is pergolas. You can include pergolas at your wedding as an altar for the ceremony. To make it look unique put flowers around the pillars.
- If you are a hosting party at your home and you have a large outdoor space., Make use of that space by building pergolas. Add a photo booth for your guests by using the space.
- You can also add different outdoor furniture and accessorize the area with your style.
- If you don’t have any outdoor space then it will become difficult to build pergolas.
- The arbors are best suited for small areas because of their structure. The best place to build an arbor is before any entryway.
How You Can Decorate These Structures?
According to your taste and preferences, you can decorate these structures. Both of the structures can be created at home. You can easily buy the material from the market and then start building it at your home. You can add plants in the pathway. You can also add different climbing plants such as star jasmine, honeysuckle, climbing hydrangeas, and climbing rose.
In pergola, use can add sitting arrangements because these are comparatively large in space and size.
To make it look more comfortable add string lights and over the table add a chandelier. You can also paint the wooden structures.